Sunday 6th August 2017 10.30am led by Rev’d. Dr. Nick Jones
Week in the Church 31st July 2017
Monday 10am Ladies Badminton
Tuesday 2pm Film Afternoon
Thursday 7.45pm Badminton
Friday 10am Keep Fit for the over 60s
NOTICES for Week Commencing 31st July 2017
1. Flowers provided by Linda Ford and arranged by Lynda Peck
2. Tickets for the Film Afternoon are available now from Jean. £3 for
coffee and cake, the film is The Lion
3. Second Sunday Lunch 13th August, tickets now available from Jean Ashcroft, £3
4. Afternoon Tea, Wednesday 23rd August 2pm £3 in the Church Hall, tickets available now
5. Evening Guild Coffee Evening, Wed 16th August 7.30pm at Hazel Crammonds, 3426249
6. Reminder that there is a list outside Room 2 for anyone who can help with lifts for various events at church.
7. Old Church Directories: please bring them to the church office for disposal rather than putting them in your house bin.
8. Notices for next week – please notify Selena in the Church office by Wednesday.
Heswall United Reformed Church
199 Telegraph Road
Heswall, Merseyside CH60 7SE
0151 342 8522
Upendo Orphans Support Project
Several years ago the women of the Kilifi Methodist Church in Kilifi, Kenya became concerned at the growing number of children begging on the streets of Kilifi – a phenomenon not previously known in this small Kenyan town on the coast of East Africa. They realised that more and more of the children were losing their parents due to AIDS, and although most were taken in by other family members, the poverty level here meant that the families just could not feed the extra mouths.
Today, 56 such children are being looked after by these women due to their extraordinary determination.
The project is run by a women’s group from Kilifi Methodist Church but supports children of all beliefs: it is essentially humanitarian in its work. Find out more about the woman behind it all, Grace Mzungu, and her supporters via the website.
A number of our members at Heswall URC supports the work of Upendo by monthly subscriptions.
View the latest newsletter