Week in the Church 23rd April 2018
Monday 10am Ladies Badminton
Tuesday 9.30am Toddlers+
2pm Afternoon Guild AGM
Wednesday 7.30pm Evening Guild AGM
Thursday 7.45pm Mixed Badminton
Friday 10am Over 60s Keep Fit
2pm Afternoon Tea
Saturday Asylum Link Day
NOTICES for Week Commencing 23rd April 2018
1. Flowers provided by Edna Hamman and arranged by Paula Tatler
2. Film Afternoon – Paddington 2. 2pm Tuesday April 17th £3.50 including refreshments. Tickets available from Jean Ashcroft. Proceeds to Kisiizi. Please support.
3. Afternoon Tea – Friday 27th April 2pm £3.50
4. Heswall concert series presents “Polaris Saxophone and Harp Duo“ on Friday 27th April at 7.30pm at the Church of the Good Shepherd. The concert will include music by Saint-Saens, Bach, Andy Scott and much more from their newly released CD; illuminate. Tickets £10 from: www.polarisduo.com/events or telephone 0151 342 7387.
5. Free Will Offering For those in the scheme the envelopes for the new year are available in the welcome area. Please pick up your envelopes
6. Christian Aid Coffee Morning – 12th May from 10am
Upendo Orphans Support Project
Several years ago the women of the Kilifi Methodist Church in Kilifi, Kenya became concerned at the growing number of children begging on the streets of Kilifi – a phenomenon not previously known in this small Kenyan town on the coast of East Africa. They realised that more and more of the children were losing their parents due to AIDS, and although most were taken in by other family members, the poverty level here meant that the families just could not feed the extra mouths.
Today, 56 such children are being looked after by these women due to their extraordinary determination.
The project is run by a women’s group from Kilifi Methodist Church but supports children of all beliefs: it is essentially humanitarian in its work. Find out more about the woman behind it all, Grace Mzungu, and her supporters via the website.
A number of our members at Heswall URC supports the work of Upendo by monthly subscriptions.
View the latest newsletter