NOTICES for Week Commencing 19th November 2018
1. Flowers: provided by Helen Eastwood & arranged by Jenny Smith
2. Advent Course will start on Thursday 29th Nov 7.30pm led by Revd Dr Nick Jones. Please sign the list outside room 2 if you wish to attend.
3. Afternoon tea- Change of date from 30th November to Friday 23rd November
4. Foodbank. Please remember there is a continuous weekly collection during November, check your Link for items requested. Please leave by table in Welcome Area for them to be boxed up later.
5. Christmas Coffee Morning, Saturday 1st December, Paula would appreciate any unwanted new gifts for her stall. Donations for the raffle would be gratefully received.
6. Nativity 16th December. Planning to begin rehearsals on Sunday 25th November. Families/children who would like to take part please attend Junior Church from Sunday 25th, thank you. Terri
7. Concert by St Peter’s Singers
Saturday 1st December, 7.30pm, at Heswall URC. Singing : Gounod- ‘St Cecilia Mass’ and Bizet- ‘Te Deum’. Tickets from Delyth Jones and Linghams bookshop
Upendo Orphans Support Project
Several years ago the women of the Kilifi Methodist Church in Kilifi, Kenya became concerned at the growing number of children begging on the streets of Kilifi – a phenomenon not previously known in this small Kenyan town on the coast of East Africa. They realised that more and more of the children were losing their parents due to AIDS, and although most were taken in by other family members, the poverty level here meant that the families just could not feed the extra mouths.
Today, 56 such children are being looked after by these women due to their extraordinary determination.
The project is run by a women’s group from Kilifi Methodist Church but supports children of all beliefs: it is essentially humanitarian in its work. Find out more about the woman behind it all, Grace Mzungu, and her supporters via the website.
A number of our members at Heswall URC supports the work of Upendo by monthly subscriptions.
View the latest newsletter